Do you love networking and talking to people? Are you interested in NHS and social care services? Do you care about improving services for people in Surrey?
We are looking for someone who can help us develop excellent relationships and strong partnerships both within our wide team of volunteers, and with key stakeholders, voluntary, community and faith sector partners. Working with others is the best way to amplify the voices of those who are less well-served by services and have influence to improve services for all.
As our Partnerships Officer you will:
· Help recruit, support and motivate our volunteers and be their main point of contact, ensuring they are closely linked into the activities of the staff team.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts in the voluntary, community and faith sector, NHS, Surrey County Council and District & Borough Councils and the media.
· Identify opportunities to raise awareness of Healthwatch Surrey and ensure our services are known and understood.
· Ensure the two-way flow of information between our volunteers and the staff team.
· Implement our communications strategy to deliver effective external communications (supported by our Comms & Marketing Apprentice).
· Ensure the thematic work and impact of Healthwatch Surrey and its volunteers are known to a wide range of stakeholders, partner organisations and the general public.
You will need to be interested in the NHS and social care and excellent at establishing and maintaining relationships. You will need to be proactive, responsive and able to prioritise/manage your own workload.
In return we can offer flexible working, a fun, supportive, well-organised team and a Guildford office location combined with home working. We offer 25 days leave increasing after 3 years of service. We provide ongoing training and development and, most importantly, give you an opportunity to help improve health and social care services for local people.
The role is a permanent, full-time role, 37.5 hours per week. The role will require some travel across Surrey, mainly on weekdays, but sometimes at weekends and in the evening. This often involves transporting promotional and engagement materials. You will need to be able to organise transport to do this.
How to Apply:
Please visit www.healthwatchsurrey.co.uk for the job description and person specification. To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY applications that include a cover letter which demonstrates how you meet the person specification will be considered for the post.
Deadline for applications: Monday 15th November (5pm)
Please note: depending on the volume of applications we receive for this post we may not be able to respond individually to all applications. Successful candidates will be notified by 18th November. Interviews will be held w/c 22nd November.