Engagement Officer (Combating Drugs Partnership Public Involvement)
Do you have lived and/or work experience, working with individuals who have been affected by substance use? Are you excellent at talking to people, caring and curious about their experiences? Would you be confident to be the face of Healthwatch Surrey CIC in meetings to share our insight? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are pleased to be providing a new independent public involvement service for those in Surrey who may be affected by substance use.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Healthwatch Surrey CIC team as we embark on this period in our growth and to help us ensure those affected by substance use, their families and networks, have a strong voice and influence in Surrey.
We are looking for an Engagement Officer to lead our programme of engagement speaking to people with lived experience, their families and networks, individuals impacted by substance use through their communities and those that have been the victims of drug-related crime. You will work closely with local networks and providers as we run a programme of engagement which will give us insight to feed back into the Combating Drugs Partnership Board and other system wide meetings.
As our Engagement Officer you will;
- Plan and deliver our substance use engagement activity, ensuring we hear from those living with, and affected by, substance use in all sectors of the community.
- Build excellent relationships with community groups and linking up with other local networks providing public participation.
- Ensure we have up to date signposting information, to ensure participants have appropriate support when taking part in our engagement activity.
- Work with the Evidence/Insight functions in the Healthwatch Surrey CIC team to ensure that consent and demographic information is captured, and stories are accurately coded and entered on our database system.
- Attend key system meetings (e.g., the Combating Drugs Partnership Board) to represent “voice” and share the findings from the engagement activity.
The work will be varied, and you will interact with many different people in the county (please see the Job description (link below) for more details).
As our Engagement Officer, you will be part of a team who are all passionate about hearing from local people, who have a real say in developing health and social care services, liaising with senior professionals and clinicians to help deliver change for local people. You will need to be proactive, responsive and able to prioritise/manage your own workload.
In return we can offer flexible working, a fun, supportive, well-organised team in a Guildford office location combined with home working. We provide ongoing training and development and, most importantly, give you an opportunity to help improve services for local people.
The role is 30 hours per week, we also welcome applicants who may wish to job share. The role will require some travel across Surrey to attend engagement events, mainly on weekdays, but sometimes at weekends and in the evening. This often involves transporting promotional and engagement materials. You will need to be able to organise transport to do this.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. ONLY applications that include a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the person specification will be considered for the post. If you want to speak about this opportunity further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number and we will arrange a call back.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Wednesday 17th May 2023
Please note: depending on the volume of applications we receive for this post we may not be able to respond individually to all applications. We reserve the right to end the recruitment process before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.