Surrey Carers Partnership Group – Carer Co-chair opportunity
Health and social care partners in Surrey lead a joint programme of work to ensure that carers are recognised across the system, and have access to information, advice, and support when they need it.
There are two Co-chairs of the Surrey Carers Partnership Group and they are currently seeking a carer to take on one of these roles.
There is a payment and recognition policy in place that ensures the Co-Chair will be recognised for their time and commitment. This will be discussed further with shortlisted candidates in the selection process.
The Carers Strategy 2021-2024 (extended to 2026), which was developed with carers, is underpinned by the vision of “Surrey should be a place where carers are recognised, valued, and supported, both in their caring role and as an individual. Carers will be respected as partners in care, will have a strong voice that influences improvement, and will be able to access the support they need, when they need it, and in the way that works best for them. This support will be available equally to all carers.”
The Carers Partnership Group will be seeking assurance that:
- The strategies are being delivered across the Surrey Heartlands footprint and those parts of Frimley ICB that sit within the boundaries of Surrey
- The voice of carers is heard in the planning and delivery of health and social care services
- The interests of carers remain at the heart of discussions and decision making
- Surrey is continually improving the way they co-produce services/best practice recognising carers as expert partners in care
The Carer co-chair will also:
- Prepare thoroughly for each meeting, reading and digesting papers in advance of the meeting
- Work closely with member of the Carers Partnership Group to agree agenda items and minutes in advance of meetings
- Manage conflicts of interest.
Please complete the expression of interest within the form below, including a statement in support of your suitability and aspirations for the role and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Friday 12th January 2024, with the selection process/discussions taking place on Thursday 18th January 2024 between 1pm and 2pm and 4pm and 5pm.