We’re hiring for a Insight & Admin Officer
We are expanding our services and have recently been awarded a new contract aimed at giving Surrey’s unpaid carers a strong, independent voice.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Healthwatch Surrey CIC team as we embark on this period in our growth and to help us ensure that unpaid carers have a strong voice and influence in Surrey.
Do you love talking to people? Are you passionate about the important role of unpaid carers, and interested in NHS and social care services? Do you care about improving services for people in Surrey?
We are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic person to support the delivery of our new independent Giving Carers a Voice (GCAV contract). You will work with the Project & Involvement Manager to plan, book and deliver events and projects which reach out to and engage local unpaid carers in Surrey.
As our Insight & Admin Officer you will:
- Support the delivery of projects and engagement with carers
- Organise and hold events that enable us to talk to carers in a variety of settings
- Build relationships with local communities and groups in Surrey
- Keep up to date with information relating to carers services to be able to provide information and advice
- Support our volunteers to be involved with planned engagement activity
- Develop content relating to the GCAV activity for use on our website and social media channels
- Capture, code and accurately record views and experiences in our database system
- Help with the production of our project reports
- Provide general administrative support to those delivering the GCAV contract and the associated reporting for contract monitoring purposes.
The work will be varied, and you will interact with carers across the county (please see the Job description for more details).
You will need to be interested in the NHS and social care (ideally with some experience of the sector/unpaid carers); well organised and good at prioritising your own workload. We are particularly interested in reaching out to carers who are less well-served by services, who may face barriers to accessing services, and who may be at risk of health inequalities.
You will be part of a team who are all passionate about hearing from local people, and that has a real say in developing health and social care services. You will need to be proactive, responsive and able to prioritise/manage your own workload.
In return we can offer flexible working, a fun, supportive, well-organised team in a Guildford office location combined with home working. We provide ongoing training and development and, most importantly, give you an opportunity to help improve health and social care services for local carers.
The role is part-time 22.5 hours per week. There will be some travel across Surrey to attend engagement events, mainly on weekdays, but sometimes at weekends and in the evening. This often involves transporting promotional and engagement materials. You will need to be able to organise transport to do this.
How to Apply:
ONLY applications that include a cover letter which demonstrates how you meet the person specification will be considered for the post.
If you want to speak about this opportunity further, please email email@example.com with your name and phone number and we will arrange a call back.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 19th April (9am)
Please note: depending on the volume of applications we receive for this post we may not be able to respond individually to all applications. Candidates will need to be available to attend interview on w/c 25th April.