Job title: Intelligence Officer
Salary: £26,00 per annum FTE (pro rata for part time up to 30 hours)
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer / Evidence & Insight Officer
Working hours: 30 hours per week
Healthwatch Surrey is an independent champion that gives the people of Surrey a voice to improve, shape and get the best from health and social care services by empowering local people and communities.
The Intelligence Officer will be responsible for analysing and using our evidence and insight to ensure maximum influence when working with stakeholders, to improve health and social care services across Surrey, in line with the Surrey Health and Wellbeing Strategy. Senior Healthwatch Surrey staff and volunteers attend many high-level meetings across the system as the champion of patients and service users. Your job will be to ensure they are well briefed and have the evidence at their fingertips to do a great job on behalf of local people.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with proven experience of using and reporting qualitative insight, understanding the wider context for influencing, as well as identifying key trends and themes to produce high quality, impactful reports.
The Intelligence Officer will have:
- an interest in the Surrey health and social care landscape, strategic direction and decision-making processes
- an understanding and belief in the importance of public, patient and service user voices in the commissioning and delivery of health and care services
- experience of using qualitative insight to influence change
- experience of preparing and delivering convincing and authoritative reports and briefings in a professional manner
- a natural curiosity for person-centred insight and developments in health and social care across Surrey
- a passion for ensuring that the views of people using services are heard and their insight is acted upon
- experience in the health and social care sector (desirable not essential).
In return we can offer flexible working, a fun supportive team and a central Guildford office location. We provide ongoing training and development and, most importantly, give you an opportunity to help improve health and social care services for local people.
Do you enjoy the challenge of working out how public feedback can be most influential in the changing landscape of health and social care? Do you want to help make a difference to health and social care services for local people? If so, we would love to hear from you. If you require this information in an alternative format, please call: 0303 303 0023 SMS: 07592 787533. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity as an employer and welcome applications from all sectors of our community.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY applications that include a detailed cover letter which demonstrates how you meet the person specification will be considered for the post.
Some travel within Surrey will be required, therefore a full clean driving licence and use of a car is highly desirable. This is a part time role for up to 30 hours per week. We are flexible about hours and days and some home working will be required.
Deadline for applications: 5pm Monday 3rd February 2020
Please note: depending on the volume of applications we receive for this post we may not be able to respond individually to all applications. Successful candidates will be notified of interview dates by Friday 7th February and interviews will take place w/c 10th February 2020.