Insight and Engagement Officer – Part time
Help ensure the voices of local people are at the heart of NHS and social care services
Insight & Engagement Officer (part time), Healthwatch Surrey CIC
Healthwatch Surrey CIC is an independent community interest company that gives the people of Surrey a voice to improve, shape and get the best from health and social care services. We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer which reflects the community we serve. We work alongside the NHS and social care and have statutory powers designed to ensure the voices of people who use services are heard.
We deliver a range of services and contracts designed to ensure those who use services have an effective voice, including local Healthwatch and Giving Carers a Voice.
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated individual with excellent attention to detail. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the team by:
- building relationships with NHS and social care providers in Surrey
- promoting Healthwatch’s services and the value we add
- building excellent relationships with community groups
- attending listening events in communities
- ensuring our local Healthwatch initiatives and outcomes are communicated effectively
- sharing any concerns promptly with providers and following up to achieve outcomes
- helping to produce concise and influential reports based on what we are hearing.
As our Insight & Engagement Officer you will:
- support the team in delivering engagement with people from all sectors of the community, including people who are less well-served by services or may find it more difficult to have their voices heard.
- organise and hold events that enable us to talk to people in a variety of settings
- encourage people to share their experiences with us
- ensure experiences are recorded accurately on our database
- support the tracking and escalating of cases and be tenacious in pursuing outcomes
- build relationships with local communities, health and social care service providers and groups in Surrey.
The work will be varied, and you will interact with many different people across the county (please see the Job description for more details).
You will need to be interested in the NHS and social care; excellent at talking to people; caring and curious about their experiences; have good attention to detail and be confident to be the face of Healthwatch Surrey CIC in meetings to help amplify voices. We are particularly interested in reaching out to those who are less well-served by services, who may face barriers to accessing services, and who may be at risk of health inequalities.
You will be part of a team who are all passionate about hearing from local people, and that has a real say in developing health and social care services, liaising with senior professionals and clinicians to help deliver change for local people. You will need to be proactive, responsive and able to prioritise/manage your own workload.
In return we can offer flexible working, a fun, supportive, well-organised team in a Guildford office location combined with home working. We provide ongoing training and development and, most importantly, give you an opportunity to help improve health and social care services for local people.
The role is up to 22.5-30 hours per week, we also welcome applicants who may wish to job share or work part time. The role will require some travel across Surrey to attend meetings or events, mainly on weekdays, but sometimes at weekends and in the evening. This may involve transporting promotional and engagement materials. You will need to be able to organise transport to do this.
How to apply:
Please visit www.healthwatchsurrey.co.uk for the job description and person specification. To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
ONLY applications that include a cover letter which demonstrates how you meet the person specification will be considered for the post. If you want to speak about this opportunity further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number and we will arrange a call back.
Deadline for applications: Monday 17th October (9am)
Please note: depending on the volume of applications we receive for this post we may not be able to respond individually to all applications. Candidates will need to be available to attend interview on w/c 17t October.
Please note: we also have another similar vacant post within the same team, which is full time, that you may wish to apply for. Please state in your application which role / or both your application relates to.