Insight and Engagement Officer – Full time
Help ensure the voices of local people are at the heart of NHS and social care services
Insight & Engagement Officer (full time), Healthwatch Surrey CIC
Healthwatch Surrey CIC is an independent community interest company that gives the people of Surrey a voice to improve, shape and get the best from health and social care services. We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer which reflects the community we serve. We work alongside the NHS and social care and have statutory powers designed to ensure the voices of people who use services are heard.
We deliver a range of services and contracts designed to ensure those who use services have an effective voice, including local Healthwatch and Giving Carers a Voice.
We are looking for a personable, enthusiastic, self-motivated person to support the community engagement and signposting functions of our team by:
- talking to people about their experiences of NHS and social care services and the wider impacts on their wellbeing, and helping signpost to relevant sources of help
- capturing, coding, storing their stories accurately on our database
- helping to compile insight and creating reports based on what we are hearing maintaining our database to ensure good quality insight
- sharing any immediate concerns or safeguarding issues appropriately.
As our Insight and Engagement Officer you will:
- ensure our database is well maintained to allow good quality reporting. encourage people to share their experiences with us
- support the management of the information coming in via our Helpdesk build relationships with local communities and groups in Surrey
- keep up to date with health and social care information in Surrey
- provide information and advice, through signposting to empower people with the information needed to make decisions about their own health and care.
The work will be varied, and you will interact with many different people across the county (please see the Job description for more details).
You will need to be interested in the NHS and social care; excellent at talking to people; caring and curious about their experiences; interested in understanding what services are available to people in Surrey, keeping up to date in changing services and skilled about signposting people to the services they need.
You will be part of a team who are all passionate about hearing from local people, and that has a real say in developing health and social care services, liaising with senior professionals and clinicians to help deliver change for local people. You will need to be proactive, responsive and able to prioritise/manage your own workload.
In return we can offer flexible working, a fun, supportive, well-organised team in a Guildford office location combined with home working. We provide ongoing training and development and, most importantly, give you an opportunity to help improve health and social care services for local carers.
The role is 37.5 hours per week, we would consider part time minimum 30 hours. The role will require some travel across Surrey to attend meetings or events, mainly on weekdays, but sometimes at weekends and in the evening. This may involve transporting promotional and engagement materials. You will need to be able to organise transport to do this.
How to apply:
ONLY applications that include a cover letter which demonstrates how you meet the person specification will be considered for the post.
If you want to speak about this opportunity further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number and we will arrange a call back.
Deadline for applications: Monday 17th October (9am)
Please note: depending on the volume of applications we receive for this post we may not be able to respond individually to all applications. Candidates will need to be available to attend interview on w/c 17t October.
Please note: we also have another similar vacant post within the same team, which is a part time role, that you may wish to apply for. Please state in your application which role / or both your application relates to.