Community Engagement Officer
Do you love talking to people? Are you interested in NHS and social care services? Do you care about improving services for people in Surrey?
We’re looking for someone who can confidently seek out what people are saying about health and care services across Surrey, encourage everyone to have their voices heard, help us raise awareness of our services, and communicate our insight to have influence and make a difference.
As our Community Engagement Officer you will:
· Support the Community Engagement Lead in the delivery of our engagement strategy.
· Work with our team and our volunteers to identify groups and people to talk to.
· Reach out to those who are less well-served by services, who may be at risk of health inequalities to understand their experiences of accessing services in Surrey.
· Raise awareness of the work of Healthwatch Surrey.
· Plan, organise and conduct engagement events.
· Listen to people and help them share their stories.
· Provide information and advice about local services.
· Input the experiences you gather onto our insight database for analysis and reporting.
You will need to be interested in the NHS and social care; excellent at talking to people; caring and curious about their experience. You will need to be proactive, responsive and able to prioritise/manage your own workload.
In return we can offer flexible working, a fun, supportive, well-organised team and a Guildford office location combined with home working. We offer 25 days leave increasing after 3 years of service. We provide ongoing training and development and, most importantly, give you an opportunity to help improve health and social care services for local people.
The role is ideally for 22.5 hours per week although we have some flexibility around this. The role will require you to travel across Surrey to attend engagement events, mainly on weekdays, but sometimes at weekends and in the evening. This often involves transporting promotional and engagement materials. You will need to be able to organise transport to do this.
How to Apply:
Please visit www.healthwatchsurrey.co.uk for the job description and person specification. To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
ONLY applications that include a cover letter which demonstrates how you meet the person specification will be considered for the post.
Deadline for applications: Monday 15th November (5pm)
Please note: depending on the volume of applications we receive for this post we may not be able to respond individually to all applications. Successful candidates will be notified by 18th November. Interviews will be held w/c 22nd November.