Could you be our new Chief Executive?
Chief Executive Officer
This post is being oﬀered for a negotiable package up to £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Office Base in Guildford Surrey
Healthwatch Surrey is a relatively new Community Interest Company established in October 2013 as part of the 2012 Health and Social Care Act. It is led by a Board of Directors who have responsibility for strategic direction and the highest standards of governance.
Healthwatch Surrey which delivers its services through four delivery partners as well as its own small core staff team provides the citizens and communities within Surrey with an opportunity to better influence and challenge how health and social care services are delivered within their locality.
The organisation also provides information and signposting to enable residents to make informed choices about health and social care services and provides health complaints advocacy.
The Board is looking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer who will continue to develop the organisation in order that it can fulfil its statutory legal requirements. It is looking for a dynamic leader, strategic thinker and a good team player with considerable experience of management and a good understanding of health/social care.
The role will include working closely with the Healthwatch Surrey Board to:
- provide the organisation with strategic leadership
- lead the Healthwatch staff team
- lead the management of a wide range of stakeholder relationships including the Local Authority and Clinical Commissioning Groups.
- lead the recruitment, development and management of an effective pool of volunteers.
- promote and support the engagement of patients, service users and carers along with voluntary, community and faith sector groups and organisations.
- manage the contractual relationships with delivery partners
The successful candidate will:
- Have the experience to provide strong and inspirational leadership and vision.
- Be committed to ensuring that local people have a say in health and social care and to addressing inequalities.
- Have the skills to inﬂuence and shape decisions, in a health and social care context, in line with the vision and priorities for Healthwatch Surrey
- Have an understanding of the value of community empowerment and insight.
- Have the conﬁdence and knowledge to contribute and challenge at a strategic level
The closing date for applications is 24thJune 2015
Please note that some evening and weekend working will be required for this role.
Healthwatch Surrey is an Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Any oﬀer made relating to this post will be subject to satisfactory references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
For further information or to arrange a pre application telephone conversation email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack email email@example.com