Putting citizens at the heart of planning, design, implementation and evaluation of health and care services
We need a richer understanding of community priorities and perceptions to influence and improve the quality of health and care services in Guildford & Waverley, North West Surrey and Surrey Downs.
Together with Surrey Heartlands Sustainability Transformation Partnership (STP) we have created a new Citizen Ambassador (CA) role so local people can independently influence and improve the development of services and ensure the views of patients, their carers and families are represented at all levels of any proposed changes. Click here to watch an informative video about STPs.
This unique opportunity will see Citizen Ambassadors bring their own insight, and those from local people and communities, to discussions with health and care managers and clinicians as they develop a range of different services throughout the STP.
We will be recruiting an independent Citizen Ambassador for each of the following transformation programmes:
- Urgent and emergency care, out-of-hospital care and primary care (please note: these are two different transformation programmes pulled into one Citizen Ambassador role)
- Mental health
- Women and children’s services
- Cardiovascular services
- Musculoskeletal services
Please click on the above transformation programmes to find out more information.
Opening date for applications: Friday 24th November 2017.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th December 2017 at 12pm.
Title: Citizen Ambassador
Role: To be a full and active participant in the governance and leadership of a transformation programme in health and social care at meetings and through related activity e.g. service visits / research projects (by agreement) and reporting back the outputs from active engagement with local citizens. To provide a constructive, alternative and independent perspective on discussions and decisions made within a designated transformation programme.
Responsible to: Healthwatch Surrey
Working Hours: 10 hours per month (to be worked flexibly)
Salary: £20 per hour, plus expenses
Based: Home based, with travel across Surrey
The initial contract will be for one year with the aim of extending it for a further year following a formal review.
- Attend quarterly Programme Board / Steering Group meetings and
- (Up to) six STP planned co-design / research events per year where they will help to ensure that the voices of citizens are heard and fed into their work
- Engage with local people through events that they will plan and carry out themselves
- Engage with a wider set of groups and organisations to conduct their own insight work through the Stakeholder Reference Group meetings.
Easy read Citizen Ambassador job description and personal specification -available from Tuesday 28th November 2017
If you require any of these downloads in an alternative format, please contact us.
How to apply
Please write a covering letter outlining the following:
- What transformation programme you are applying for
- Any experience (personal/work) relevant to your transformation programme
- Any connections you have with the NHS
- Any community links that you have
And send your CV (optional), covering letter and completed monitoring form (see downloads above) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, if you are successful you will be invited to an assessment day on either Wednesday 10th or Thursday 11th January 2018. Please ensure you keep both these days available.
Your application will be shared with the recruitment panel which will be made up of Healthwatch Surrey staff and board members, workstream programme managers and a representative from Surrey County Council. To find out more about our Data Protection Policy, please click here.
Good luck! You will hear from us before Christmas whether you will be invited to the assessment day or not.
If you are unsuccessful but are keen to keep an eye out for future opportunities, please sign up to our monthly eBulletin to receive our latest news updates.