Community Chest Winners
We had lots of great applications for our Surrey Downs Community Chest.
Here are our winners!
1. Meditation and Art Workshop- this group is for everyone but would greatly benefit nurses, teachers, doctors and carers. This event is taking place in January/February (tbc) and location tbc.
2. Men on Bikes- Mary Frances Trust; for men to bond with each other to form social relationships. This is taking place in March (exact date tbc) at the Leatherhead Institute.
3. Financial Information Event for Surrey's GRT Community- Carers Support Mole Valley; for carers within the Gypsy/Roma/Traveller community. This is happening on the 1st March with the location tbc.
4. Leatherhead Spring Fair- Leatherhead Theatre Group; to bring the community together and to showcase Leatherhead. Happening on the 19th March 2017 with the location tbc.
5. Dorking Day of Wellbeing- for those interested in personal wellbeing with a holistic approach. Especially parents and children who have experienced emotional and mental health difficulties. This would also benfit socially isolated adults. This is happening in January 2017 (exact date tbc) in Dorking Town Centre.
6. Theatre Performance Leatherhead- Free Wheelers Theatre Company; for their members who suffer from a variety of learning, physical or sensory disabilities. This is happening on the 25th March 2017, 1:30pm- 3pm at the Bridge Centre in Leatherhead.
7. Christmas Celebration- The Meeting Room; This organisation supports people who are/recently were homeless, have mild learning difficulties, ex-offenders, vulnerable adults, suffering from domestic abuse or are socially isolated with mental health issues. This happened on the 15th December at Kings Church in Epsom.
8. Christmas Event involving all the Bishopsmead Parade of Shops- for children, parents and residents from nearby care homes with their carers. This happened at the Goose Café at 4pm on the 2nd December. This event is to raise money for a small local charity in Bookham.
9. Christmas Day Lunch - Dorking Christian Centre; this will be a Christmas Day lunch with festive entertainment for those who are lonely and isolated without family or living alone on Christmas. This is happening at the Christian Centre in Dorking (obviously on Christmas day!)
10. Care and Cared for Event- Carers Support Elmbridge; for unpaid carers and vulnerable people. This will enable carers to network with other carers. This is happening in March 2017 (exact date tbc) with the location tbc.
11. Carers Christmas Tea- Carers Support Mole Valley; which happened on the 6th December at Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking.